Born in Ciudad de México. Art curator and critic. He has 12 years of career experience as curator.
He took his studies at Centro de la Imagen (Secretariat for Culture), in Teratoma, A.C. and at the Collection/Foundation JUMEX. He also took theoretical and historical studies on photography at Centro de la Imagen and the National School of Anthropology and History (INAH).
- Fables without moral. The overflow of corruption in Mexico, collective of contemporary mexican art. Irving Domínguez and Víctor Palacios, curators. Casa de Lago Juan José Arreola – UNAM, Ciudad de México, october 2017 to february 2018.
- Mathematical anagrams, individual from Jesús Jiménez. Centro Cultural Clavijero, Morelia, Secretariat of Culture of the State of Michoacán, 2017.
- Devastated memory, doble individual from Cecilia Hurtado and Miriam Salado. Berta Kolteniuk and Irving Domínguez, curators. Celda contemporánea from the Universidad del Claustro de Sor Juana, Ciudad de México, 2017.
- XVII Biennial of Photography -Anachronism of images: Documents and recoveries. Irving Domínguez and Amanda de la Garza, curators. Centro de la Imagen – Secretariat of Culture, Ciudad de México, 2016 – 2017.
- Appearances are deceiving. Explorations starting from photography in Mexico. Collective on photography and contemporary art. 18 artists from Mexico, Colombia, Puerto Rico, Cuba, France and Germany. Museo Universitario del Chopo – UNAM, Ciudad de México, 2015.
Co-author of the books:
- Anagramas matemáticos, Alternativa Ediciones, México, 2017.
- La sombra del fantasma, Secretaría de Cultura del Estado de Jalisco – FONCA, México, 2016.
- Alberto Flores Varela. Esplendor del retrato en estudio, CONARTE, México, 2014.
His texts have been included in a wide range of publications, being the latest:
– Wojtek Ulrich – New Deal, Wroclaw Museum of Contemporary Art, 2017.
– Existe lo que tiene nombre. Contemporary photography in México, San Francisco Camerawork / The Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts, 2015.
- Facilitator of the Contemporary Photography Program from 2011 to 2016. He has participated in the previous during his impartation in the following entities: Nuevo León (2011 – 2015), Hidalgo (2013 y 2014), Sonora (2014), Baja California (2016) and Ciudad de México (2013).
- Since 2012 he is part of the group of collaborators of the international program SOMA Summer.
- Since 2005 he is facilitator at Aula del Centro – Photographic Specialization, Querétaro.
- Program of Stimuli to Creation and Artistic Development (PECDA), Secretariat of Culture of the State of Hidalgo.
- Program of Contemporary Photography 2014, Centro de las Artes of the State of Hidalgo, CECULTAH.
- Second emission of Zona_Seis (2015-2016) program of residencies for young artists with the sponsorship of the gallery Luis Adelantado Mexico.
Scholarships and Stimuli
2013-2014: Stimuli from the Program of Support for Teaching, Investigation and Art Dissemination (PADID) for the realization of the educative program ‘Tres ejes para la comprensión del arte’, in collaboration with Cesar Holm in the Centro de las Artes de San Luis Potosí Centenario.